Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The Manager will originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Manager will coordinate implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff, report to the CEO and serve on the executive management team, and assist and advise company managers about Human Resources issues.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, Equal Employment Opportunity compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice and counseling on decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Defines all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system and employee development programs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Ability to communicate effectively in a community-based environment
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with company Board of Directors
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
Location: Randolph, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Program: Administrative Offices
Department: Human Resources Offices
Age group: All ages
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Human Resources, and experience with Healthcare Administration, with a proven record of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Minimum 5+ years of recent, previous experience; Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification (Preferred)
- This position is a sole contributor helping in all areas of Business, Healthcare and Human Resources.
- Must have Cultural and Linguistic competence, Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian