Billing and Finance Assistant
The employee will be responsible for general day to day billing and financial administration of operational duties, admin for team and finances process. As the billing coordinator, there is a wide variety of general administrative duties necessary including day to day bookkeeping and coordinating with booking company and additional duties to directly Reporting to the Accounts Receivables Analyst in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing all web-based application regarding billing.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Complies with internal controls and policies and procedures
- Prepare invoices for patients and insurance billing, submit and process insurance claims
- Coordinating Billing for all programs (Private Pay, Third Party Billing, MassHealth, State
- Prepare reports Account payable and receivable for Patient Account
- Processes Electronic Claims via Coding Specialist, Data Quality Analyst
- Conducting prior authorization reviews obtains extensions to continue services
- Enters all review results into appropriate data systems and excel sheet as Claims Reviewer
- Claims status and resubmitted claims, Medical Collector to collect payments
- Assisting in appeal hearings related to prior authorization denials
- Documenting all review findings in the designated review database;
- Creating correspondences and communications required by the contract, including denials
- Creating reports reflecting the start and end date of services and keeping track of billing units used
- Coordinate accounts payable and receivable for payments
- Maintaining all files and clinic billing documents
- Data entry and organize computer-based information
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Budget Analyst
- Maintain compliance with state and federal HIPPA
Maintenance & Quality Improvement:
- Maintain daily account payable and receivable
- Data entry in QuickBooks
- Internal Audits of Staffing Documentation for billing
- Creating financial reports
- Submitting billing claims and resubmitting claims research for payment
- Prepare expense reports,
- Bookkeeping billing on Account receivable and payable
- Financial Reporting (closing the books)
- Account Reconciliation, including cutting checks for payment of agencies services used
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills willing to work directly with patients and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $19 to $25 per hour depending on experience
- QSEHRA Health Reimbursement Plan ($400 per month allowance)
- Eligible upon 90th day of full-time (32-40 hours a week) employment.
- 401 K Plan
- Federal Holidays Paid
- PTO – Accrual based, eligible upon hire; Able to use on 120th day of full-time (32-40 hours a week) employment
- 2 Personal Days
- 1 week (40 hours) of vacation
- 5 Sick Days
- Flexible Schedule
- *Must however be willing to work some late afternoons and evenings until 8:15pm, and some weekends.
- Education stipends with partnering colleges available after one year of employment.
Location: Randolph (Southeast Region), MA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Financial Administration Offices
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree preferred or BA or BS in Healthcare Administration, Accounting or Finance, experience with Accounting and/or Finance and Healthcare Administration experience.
Minimum of 2 years of recent or previous Administrative support experience.