SNAP Outreach Application Transcriptionist
SNAP Outreach Application Transcriptionist is responsible for the enrollment of participants and ensuring applications are completed, conducting outreach for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP, formerly the Food Stamp Program) targeting underserved communities while providing clientele with education, assessment, and facilitated enrollment services to SNAP. The SNAP Application Outreach Application Transcriptionist works with the SNAP Documentation Specialist for enrollment of participants into SNAP benefits for DTA’s SNAP Employment and Training (E&T) program and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. SNAP Outreach Application Transcriptionist ensures participant’s compliance of enrollment and collects all information to complete the application for the final approval from the Documentation Specialist. Applications for SNAP benefits are based on specific criteria for the benefit of services in addition to ensuring productive measures are met for outreach and performance of positive outcomes by achieving enrollment of participants for benefits.
As part of the Benefits Access Department, the SNAP Specialist will work with a team to conduct an intensive outreach campaign targeting individuals, families, seniors, and communities that meet the criteria for SNAP benefits.
A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and vehicle and a registered car is required.
Location: Randolph (Southeast Region), Chelsea (Boston Region), Malden (Northeast Region), MA
Job Type: Full-time
Program: Community Support
Department: Direct Care Programs
Age group: All ages
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service related field
- Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian
- Background in public health, public administration, or human services
- Knowledge of government benefits is a plus
- Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA), with 1 year of experience with a BS or a BA.
- Current experience in SNAP Enrollment, SNAP Training, MassHealth connector, virtual gateways Massachusetts preferred
- Thorough knowledge of SNAP social service programming, ability to maintain compliance via documentation and management
- Strong computer skills and potential to learn various software packages
- Detail-oriented skills with the capacity to organize and prioritize the workload
- Previously demonstrated ability to achieve results by holding themselves accountable
- Strong written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to work with and positively influence a variety of personalities and diverse work styleS
Must be Culturally and Linguistically competent; Bilingual in the following languages is a plus: Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese or Cambodian
INTERNSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Serves as the main contact to complete application and streamline participants into programs
- Obtains application documentation to meet service specifications for enrollment
- Properly tracks and follows up with participants and documentation
- Distributes all finalized documentation to appropriate staff
- Conducts outreach to community-based organizations, emergency food programs, and other partners providing information on SNAP rules and regulations
- Educates potentially eligible clients about SNAP
- Screens, counsels, and advises clients on necessary documentation and eligibility requirements for SNAP
- Provides facilitated enrollment services to clients so they can apply and re-certify for SNAP via the Human Resources Administration database.
- Ensures that all SNAP applications are complete with proper supporting documentation
- Provides case management and advocacy assistance to clients if issues arise
- Work in tandem with local SNAP centers and other Benefits Access team members.
- Attends community outreach events, fairs, and forums as needed.
- Provides, assess, and procures accurate and complete documentation of procedures and protocols
- Coordinates participants to ensure documentation is in compliance
- Assists with maintaining and establishing standards for best practices including intake policies and procedures to train employees on best practices and quality assurance measures
- Remains informed of potential and/or actual problems identified during the review process, concurrent progress, and operation of the program
- Performs initial case reviews and follows up on reviews and queries based on program standards
- Has a strong working knowledge of participants indicators, SNAP regulations, reimbursement, and documentation requirements
- Maintains professional competency by keeping abreast of new changes within the industry including advancements on SNAP guidelines
- Travels occasionally to local SNAP centers for meetings with Human Resources Administration staff.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Have an outstanding work ethic
- Benefits screening, especially for SNAP
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Sensitivity and cultural competency
- Experience working in a fast-paced environmenT
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and excellent training skills
- Ability to learn new software/systems quickly
- Comfort using online technologies and database systems daily
- Public speaking, including making presentations in various settings
- Ability to help clients navigate through barriers while adhering to Human Resources Administration protocol and policies
- Attention to detail to ensure that client applications are submitted properly and with the necessary documentation
- Professionalism and patience when serving the diverse needs of clients
- Work hours are particularly important for this position, as a successful candidate is providing direct services to the community so must be able to work Saturdays and evenings at times.