Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Job Summary: Maintains quality care effectively utilizing Outpatient Prescribing psychotropic medications, psychiatric evaluations, medication management and medical monitoring of Children/Adolescences, Adults, and Geriatric populations.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Experience in family and substance abuse care
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong clinical decision making skills
- Cultural and linguistic competence and appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population
- Ability to provide services that deal with the individual’s broad spectrum of needs
- Must have Clinical and Psychiatric expertise with complex medication management and monitoring of psychotropic medications
- Must be able to work effectively with patients and families of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $55-63 contracted clinic hourly fee-for-services depending on licensure and experience
- Must have Telehealth flexible schedule 8:00 am to 7:30 pm as some evenings and weekends
Location: Randolph (Southeast Region), Chelsea (Boston Region), Malden (Northeast Region), MA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Community Direct Care
Age group: All ages
Must have a Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing, current Commonwealth of Massachusetts license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who has current authorization by the Board to engage in advanced practice nursing activities, including prescriptive practice for complex medication management and monitoring of psychotropic medications, and ability to perform comprehensive behavioral health assessments and treatment plans.
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner OR
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Children or Family) OR
- Adult Psychiatric–Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Preferred a minimum of three (3) years experience as a psychiatric nurse clinician
- Active Federal DEA and Massachusetts MCSR certificates
- Minimum of one to three years of postgraduate experience, with one year of experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred.
- Plus five (5) years experience supervising clinically, administrative staff and interns and working with children and adults
Must be culturally and linguistically competent, bilingual a plus especially in the following languages: Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese