Vocational Education Coordinator
Vocational Education Coordinator will maintain overall responsibility for curriculum and instruction development of vocational educational certifications program. Assist in developing pathways for students that lead to the opportunity to work into direct clinical or field-based practice related to the profession of study to gain soft, hard and advanced level skills. Collaborate to create a pipeline between student employment needs and clinic community-based programs hiring vacant positions acts as a mentor and advisors to students. This position requires implementing programmatic changes as appropriate to student needs, develops materials to guide students and information of policies, and procedures. Assist in developing community partnership that would include an Interdepartmental Service Agreement to transfer pathways certification into college credit at colleges and universities. Plan and collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators and community partners to address students needs. Vocational Education Coordinator Plan Education Program and Program classes, via grant proposals submitted to the State Office for Federal funding.
- POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Facilitate/participate in the necessary program growth, academic, vocational career and employment growth opportunities for all students
- Perform and collects initial vocational assessments of participants and develop employment/vocational plan with students
- Data tracking and report completion, oversight of student’s assessment to enrol into educational program
- Provide instruction for General Educational Development and High School equivalent for all students and English as a Second Language Student
- Assist students in the development of educational/career plans
- Develop supports for students that will allow them to enter, complete and obtain academic goals on individual student needs, including participation in the Special Education and Section 504 process.
- Track and review student progress with education/career planning.
- Identify students at risk and develop appropriate interventions, in conjunction with pertinent staff.
- Develop and ensure adherence to a master calendar for program implementation.
- Develop, distribute, and post a calendar of events and services for timely access by students
- Measure and analyze the amount of time used to provide all direct services and adjust accordingly, consistent with educational program and individual priorities.
- Collects and analyzes counselling data to establish goals and activities that work to close the student achievement gap.
- Hire and supervise staff, interview and counsel prospective students, maintain Federal funding and final reports and fulfil general recordkeeping requirements associated with all programs.
- Research, plan and implement educational opportunities which address the needs of local industries/employers.
- Assist in developing educationally support for Title I and disadvantaged adults
- Coordinate staff development by scheduling opportunities for the staff to earn staff development clock hours and/or continuing education units in the areas of method, content and personal growth.
- Providing weekly reports for enrollment of patients in the program; aligning with key performance indicators and quality assurance measures
- Performs other duties as required.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Experience in quality improvement and planning;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects at one time;
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards the targeted population;
- Ability to interact with all relevant components of the health care system and community agencies
- Must be Culturally and Linguistically Competent;
Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full-time
Age group: All ages
Required: Master’s degree in, Adult Education, Curriculum Instruction or closely related field
Must have experience in education, curriculum and instruction, teaching curriculum design, instructional theory, and collecting and analyzing data. Must have instructional coordinators and curriculum experience professionals must have several years of teaching experience.
Professional Vocational Technical Administrator license:
- Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Licensure of Adult Basic Education Teachers or Guidance Counselors requirements only.
- Must be Cultural and Linguistic competent, Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, or Cambodian
Apply this job on Indeed Vocational Education Coordinator