Training Curriculum Developer
The Training Curriculum Developer designs and develops adult learner-centred curricula that improve recruitment, training, job quality, and advancement opportunities for administrative staff, medical personnel, direct care workers and quality of care for the people they support. The Training Curriculum Developer will create new training modules as well as revise existing topics for different learners’ categories that will incorporate person-centred narratives in scenario-based learning. This position will play a key role in piloting and implementing Lamour Clinic’s new curriculum development framework that is based on the adult learner-centred pedagogy and just-in-time learning principles.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Experience in quality improvement and planning;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects at one time;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population;
- Must be able to understand adequate staff supervision
Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full-time
Age group: All ages
- BA/BS degree in Healthcare Management, HealthCare Education or General Education.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in curriculum development, preferably for adult learners and/or related experience in the field.
- Demonstrated expertise in the curriculum area
- Experience with digital learning technologies and learner-centered design
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to write clearly and communicate curriculum goals, instructions, and evaluation strategies.
- Able to change writing style to meet the audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborating in an inclusive, respectful manner to achieve common goals.
- Possesses a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Self-directed and ability to work independently.
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional experience in the fields of health care, aging, disability services, workforce development, and/or social justice.
- Under the guidance and direction of the Learning & Development Director, research and develop core curriculum content for clients across the full spectrum of healthcare services.
- Understand and apply concepts of curriculum mapping, aligning learning outcomes at the program, module, and micro-lesson levels, and break down overarching course learning objectives into more granular concepts.
- Conduct reviews on curriculum topics and create course sequences based on audience, needs, in line with the specific program, curriculum goal and agency goals.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external learning designers and multimedia developers to ensure timely and effective development of final curriculum work products.
- Inform evaluation strategies that ensure a reasonable assessment of learning outcomes.
- Edit existing or new program content to ensure consistency and quality of the work product.
- Facilitate feedback sessions with stakeholders and participants