Public Relations Assistant
Public relations Assistant helps to implelement and executes strategies that are intended to create and uphold a positive public image for LAMOUR. By working and forming relationships with various members of the community, media, government, and public, directors generate new business opportunities. Act as the businesses’ representative during industry and community events and be in charge of all external communications activities. Support in researching public opinion and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the businesses’ reputation in the community. Oversee the practical implementation of unique, targeted strategies that help LAMOUR Clinic get maximum return from various campaigns and marketing interventions.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead in strategy development and execution support for the company’s public relations/communications programs;
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing Public Relations objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Effectively influence decision-makers to promote the company’s brand
- Advocate on behalf of LAMOUR across various media channels and vehicles
- Create and implement a communications strategy to inform members of advocacy, member benefits, networking opportunities, etc. Including managing website, media relations and social media accounts.
- Maintain current knowledge of social media trends and networks’ best practices, policies, and processes.
- Leverage social media channels to amplify key messages and activities, elevating the importance of search as well as strategic and creative communication.
- Serve as project manager for internal and external marketing initiatives to engage the community
- Arrange and attend various community-based meetings
- Plays a key role in reputation management; acts as a strategic communications advisor to management by keeping track of public attitudes, flagging possible consequences of decisions, developing key messages and managing issues and crisis communications.
- Able to manage relationships with public relations agencies, assist with marketing briefs and keep agencies and corporate partners informed of relevant news and updates to maximise opportunities for exposure.
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with regional and national media outlets and individual journalists to facilitate story placement and coverage.
- Set campaign goals, regularly evaluate success, and adjust tactics as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of advertising strategies, processes, and effectiveness for the company’s needs while using various social media platforms
- Develop and execute promotion for high-profile events, as directed.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Ability to communicate effectively in a community-based environment
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven relationships with media, community and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results, and the personality to maximize these contacts.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), a strong sense of quality and a creative mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full-time
Age group: All ages
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in marketing, journalism public relations, or communications, with a proven record of progressive leadership experience
- Minimum 5+ years of practical field experience
- This position is a sole contributor helping in all areas of Business, Healthcare and Human
- Must have Cultural and Linguistic competence, Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian