Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department bookkeeping. Reporting to the Accounting Budget Analyst in regard to all financial and accounting activities. Oversees financial department staff in day-to-day operations policies, procedures, protocols and controls. Senior controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management. This position provides leadership and support in financial healthcare accounting management, performance review for company’s benchmarks, funding reallocation and program and budget reviews.
Location: Randolph, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Financial Administration
Age group: All ages
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree (preferred) in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university. Three (3) years of bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred. At least two (2) years previous experience in health care field is preferred. CPA or CMA preferred.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Oversee daily bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable entry for all company chart of accounts and financial policies, procedures and protocols
- Create financial policies, procedures and protocols and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions for healthcare programs budget and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise financial coordinator, bookkeeping and reimbursement of staff
- Maintain an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents
- Maintain a system of controls over all reimbursement of staff transactions
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the Accounting Budget Analyst in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal HIPPA regulations
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills; willing to work directly with patients and clients
- Self starter able to effectively manage multiple complex projects.
- Able to see both macro and micro picture, with strong analytical skills and ability to effectively utilize technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and diverse populations
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail