Main office in Randolph, Massachusetts with satellite locations in and Northeast of Massachusetts. Administrative staff can be designated to work at any of our office sites within the regions we cover based on positions that are available and travel will be required at times.
The Health Care Transcriptionist is overseen by the Clinical Documentation Specialist and Healthcare Auditing Coordinator and will work in between call center and intake registration. This position will require scheduling and confirming patient appointments using appropriate information systems and enter data into the EMR system. Responsible for tracking of significant events, incidents, including, crisis screenings, staff fails compliance to policy and procedures, through EMR and other systems. Will support development, effective implementation, and utilization of documentation systems, including Rethink (EMR System) and the Virtual Gateway. Will maintain clinicians’ calendars – facilitating scheduling and monitoring all completed documentation, overseeing scanning/maintenance of electronic medical records system, and preparing and organizing clinic medical record needs in line with claims and documentation. In addition, the transcriptionist will engage with other hospitals, clinics and other departments to coordinate services as needed, transcribing clinical documentation to meet medical necessity and compliance measure, and obtaining and maintaining authorization approvals.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Transcribe recorded dictations of narrative and reports with accuracy
- Maintain and tracks all Intake Registration and Admission Documentation
- Properly track and follow up with direct care staff documentation.
- Audit and Proofread all documentation for compliance measure
- Distribute all finalized documentation to appropriate staff
- File documents in patients’ charts
- Maintain accurate records of all completed notes and documentation
- Coordinate patients’ health records and assist in treatment coordination
- Coordinate calendar and schedules including coordinate calendars for several managers Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
- Maintain and approve documentation Collected and Coordinator billing and Auditing
- Patient account representative costumer services
- Conduct prior authorization reviews obtains extensions to continue services for community-based outpatient mental health services electronically
- Enter all review results in appropriate data systems and excel sheet as Claims Reviewer
- Document all review findings in the designated review database
- Creating correspondences and communications required by the contract, including denial letters to providers and consumers
- Handle the main telephone line for Intake/ Referral for all billing
- Create reports reflecting the start and end date of services and keep track of billing units used
- Receive and sort incoming mail/tracking patient and making an appointment
- Create reports of chart review weekly and sending outgoing mail to all clinicians /contractors
- Data entry and organize computer-based information
- Answer telephones and transfer to an appropriate staff member
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Other duties as assigned by department manager
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed, provide cross coverage as needed, assist with special projects as directed
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining the monitoring of a comprehensive quality assurance program that is data-driven and informs programs needs and best practices
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Must have strong writing and communication
- Experience in Community Support programming
- Experience in quality improvement and planning
- Computer literate, and understands website
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population
- Ability to provide services in an environment that involves multiple healthcare systems
- Ability to interact with all relevant components of the health care system and community agencies
- Must work closely with staff members from all departments within the organization to ensure appropriate patient outcomes and resource utilization.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $18 to $ 22 per hour depending on experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical & Dental after 120-days full time 32 hours
- Professional Education & Stipend towards degree or certification with program specialty
- Flexible Schedule but must be able to work in the late afternoons and evening until 8:15 pm and some weekends
Location: Randolph, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Program: Intake Department
Department: Administrative Support
- Required to have a minimum 1+ years of work experience, certification or an associate degree in Insurance Billing, Billing and coding Business, Health Service Administration, Social work (including, but not restricted).
- Minimum 1+ years of recent, previous Administrative support experience.
- This position is a sole contributor to provide scheduling and medical record auditing for patient-centered based services and support intake department.
- Must be Culturally and Linguistically competent, Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian